Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the rich choice of textures and colours, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, therefore it’s often used as the primary component for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat doesn’t wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature fluctuations, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay https://1popechi.ru/, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat well;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not poor to floors made from natural stone or wood.
However ideal this substance is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate may comprise:
- The large price. The product, which may last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first version of the coating is acquired by the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
In addition, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is produced from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.